The Kerwood name is everywhere, it seems, if you stop a moment to look around...at least as far as the World Wide Web is concerned. You can search the RootsWeb Surname List (type "kerwood" in the surname field) and you'll find hints of Kerwood migration back to pre-Revolution days. The earliest reference I've seen comes from Dana Siegmund email@example.com, P.O. Box 1434 Del Valle, TX 78617. Siegmund has identified a Kerwood migration record dating back to 1768.
The Kerwood name is out of this world, for a number of reasons, but perhaps it is best explained here, in a YouTube video - the origin of the Kerwood Derby! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UWWVmR_9v0
One great resource for Kerwoods searching the web for geneology information is the Kerwood/Curwood discussion group on Yahoo!. Family genealogy and history both in the U.S. and elsewhere are explored within this community. It can be found on the web at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kerwoodfamily.
One cautionary note - while all of the pages linked here have the word "Kerwood" somewhere inside, it may be difficult to find. Use your browser's search function to find it quickly. That caveat aside, enjoy your surfing. :)
The advertisement on the right side of your screen is real, and you can purchase it yourself at http://www.archivebritain.com/ - search on the word "kerwood" and you'll find it in their catalog.
- Colonel Charles Wayne Kerwood
- U.S. Air Force Master Sergeant William Jo "Scooter" Kerwood was killed in Afghanistan in 2003, during Operation Enduring Freedom. He is also buried at Arlington National Cemetery.
- Miller & Kerwood were partners in a Chimney Sweep business in London in the 18th century. Their business card can be seen here.
- There are many listings for the Kerwood surname in the GENUKI (Ireland and UK Geneology) database and search engine. Locations include Oxfordshire; Gloucestershire; Monmouthshire, and others.
- Matthew M. Kerwood serves on the City Council for Pittsfield, Massachusetts.
- John Kerwood is the Executive Director for the Cobb County Habitat for Humanity in Smyrna, GA.
- Lorraine Kerwood is rescuing older Macs and PCs from landfills and putting them to good use.
- Kevin Kerwood is a Human Resources Manager at Smith College
- Karl Kerwood was a Seaman First Class aboard the light cruiser USS Atlanta, CL-51. The ship was sunk after the naval battle for Guadalcanal on
November 13th, 1942.
- Adrienne Kerwood was a member of the Asian Students Association at Villanova University.
- N. D. Kerwood lost a Border Collie in N. W. Calgary in 1998.
- Daniel Kerwood in Ocala, Florida, will sponsor you for membership in the FuelSource Group, for discount gasoline and more.
- Richard Eugene Kerwood Sr. appears to have died at the age of 72 on both March 18 and March 19, 2000, in Decatur, Illinois.
- Mary Jane Kerwood coordinates the safe and drug-free school program for the West Virginia Department of Education.
- Penny Kerwood is a lady friend of John Dingwerth of Grand Island, Nebraska.
- John Kerwood, a Consultant Chef for the Health Education Authority in England, devised the recipies for the diet and exercise book You Sexy Thing! by Amanda Ursell.
- Dave Kerwood is the Manager and Art Director of RotherWeb.Com, conveniently located at 66 Mexborough Road, Bolton Upon Dearne, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, England. Dave also controls Speedways Automotive Solutions, offering mobile car and caravan service and repair.
- Elsie Marie Kerwood was born in 1902 and was married to Harley Devol, in Ohio.
- SSG Robert L. Kerwood is assigned to the 268th Signal Company; Unit 29957, US Army.
- Pete and Clifford Kerwood are doing geneological research on their ancestors in the Channel Islands and beyond.
- Richard & Suzanne Kerwood operate Windrush Willow at Higher Barn, Sidmouth Road, Aylesbeare, Exeter, Devon, EX5 2JJ England.
- Timothy A. Kerwood lives at 121 Carleton Road, and Lloyd Kerwood lives at 221 Reformatory Street, in Hutchinson, Kansas.
- Gary Kerwood earned a 5th place with 808 points in the August 1999 McPherson Bassmasters Tournament in Kansas.
- Roxanna Kerwood is a "Cluster Instructional Specialist" for the eMINTS project (enhancing Missouri's Instructional Networked Teaching).
- Mary M Kerwood gave birth to a son, Carl, on Sept 29, 1885 in Warrensburg, Ill.
- Clifford F. Kerwood of Cottageville, Jackson, West Virginia, added his name to the Northumberland & Durham Family History Society web site.
- Fred Kerwood, from Trenton, NJ, placed 185th in the Capitol Hill Classic 10K run, held on May 3, 1998 in Washington, DC.
- Adeline Kerwood filed for an increase in her spousal support payments from her former husband, Dr. Lionel Kerwood, in the Vancouver, B.C. Supreme Court on March 30, 1999. Her request was granted.
- Sarah Kerwood wrote "Beep's Big Adventure - Getting your bird to bathe" in the July/August 1999 issue of the International Parrotlet Society's newsletter.
- Debra Burgholder Kerwood, from Fredericktown, Ohio, left a message in the Burgholder family guestbook in 1998.
- Ruth DeFrain Kerwood was a 1923 graduate of the Alexandria Nebraska Schools.
- Raymond Kerwood was a 1944 graduate of the Alexandria Nebraska Schools.
- Nancy Kerwood married Oakerror Sawyer of Ohio County, VA (now West Virginia) on Jun. 9, 1805
- Charlotte May (b.1874), Daza (b.1889), Earl O., Flora Ann (b.1885), Helen V (b.1901), Laura Belle (b.1875), Samuel G. (b.1874), and Thomas Henry Kerwood (b.1884) are all listed in the Metz Mortuary database in York County, Nebraska.
- Clyde and Ollie Kerwood were both victims of the "White Plague" (tuberculosis), passing away in 1912, in Jackson County, West Virginia.
- Patti Jane Kerwood, an Osteopathic physician, was born on 1 Dec 1927 in Iola, Allen County, Kansas.
- Liana Kerwood was a player on the U.S. Junior National Racquetball Team in 1996 and 1998.
- Alex Kerwood is the central character in the novelization of a screenplay by Lynn Drzick, written by Nancy Gideon. Entitled "In the Woods," it's not for the faint of heart.
- 4239 Kerwood Ct, San Diego, CA is where Craig Sanders lives (class of 1968 at Howe High School, formerly located in Indianapolis, IN).
- Dave Kerwood is the Multi-Shifter dealer of record for the American midwest region.
- The Alliance for Behavior & Developmental Disabilities is located at 295 N. Kerwood Drive in Hermitage, PA 16148
- Roy Kerwood's memorable experience documenting John Lennon and Yoko Ono's "Bed in For Peace" is at http://188.8.131.52/bifp/
- A photograph taken by Venetia Drake Kerwood is contained within microfilm reel 1167 stored in the Smithsonian Archives of American Art.
- Scott Kerwood, in Brockenhurst, England, is a retired Army Officer who is busily researching the Kerwood Family Tree. You can visit his web site at http://www.kerwood.co.uk/ .
- Craig Kerwood, in Port Orchard, WA, gives some advice on handling your paint brush with these painting tips and tricks.
- J. A. Kerwood is listed as one of the authors of a paper entitled "Central deafness in a young child with Moyamoya disease" - in the 1999 edition of the International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology.
- The Kerwood, Ontario business directory is listed here.
- Tony Kerwood (also listed below) holds the track record at Northfield Park for 5 & Up Mare Trotters (Tata Canada) in 1998, running at 1:57.4. Also see http://www.timesite.com/TRAXX/woodbine.htm for more on Tony.
- Merrett Photography is located at 2016 Kerwood Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90025, Ph: 310-277-0827.
- Derek Kerwood won 1st prize in the Art of Turned Wood 1999 Exhibition in New Zealand. You can take a look at his piece by selecting this link.
- Asbury L. Kerwood served in the Union Army during the Civil War and was member of the Indiana state house of representatives in 1899. His book, "The Annals of the fifty-seventh regiment Indiana volunteers," recounting his experiences and observations during the war, can be found here: Read the book on Google.
- There's a bus stop in Santa Monica at Kerwood.
- A. (Tony) Kerwood knows how to race.
- Give John W. Bunker and Son, at 1073 Kerwood Road in West Chester, PA a call when you want to have furniture restored. 215-363-7436.
- Some of the best champion Pugs are bred by James and Mary Lou Dymond, of Kerwood, Ontario. Their web site is at www.jimarypugs.on.ca.
- The town of Kerwood in Middlesex County, Ontario supports a lot of small businesses. They do have their accidents, though.
- Faye Kerwood is a principal at Rosemont School in Calgary.
- John Kerwood was the editor for the book THE UNITED STATES CAPITOL: AN ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY. published by the Univ of Oklahoma Press in 1973. 448 pages in length.
- Brian Kerwood (firstname.lastname@example.org) from Houston, TX , wrote a rave review of the video FROM THE EARTH TO THE MOON and the book Real Boys : Rescuing Our Sons from the Myths of Boyhood.
- Jeff Kerwood at Stargate Industries has questions on Tae-Kwon-Do ribbons.
- East Guy M Builders HME Builders can be found at 9260 Kerwood Drive, Indianapolis, IN 56240. The Team Clydesdale runners association (slogan - "You don't have to be thin to be fit") can also be found there.
- Dave Kerwood is a junior at Circle High School in Towanda, Kansas.
- Martin Lovatt offers Electro-Mechanical Services from his business, located at Kerwood House, Allensmore, Hereford, (England) HR2 9AS.
- Brian Kerwood is the Director of Training Services for the Australian Industry Group (AiG) and the Australian Chamber of Manufactures, and is the chairman for the National Assessors and Workplace Trainers Body, New South Wales, Australia.
- The Nautical Research Guild ($30.00US membership) publishes the quarterly journal Nautical Research Journal. Their address is:
Nautical Research Guild, NRJ-B, Kerwood Road, Silver Spring, MD 20904 - (617) 389-2505
- Scott Kerwood is the Fire Chief, Orange County Emergency Services District No. 1, Vidor, Texas.
- David Kerwood was a 1996 graduate of Yarmouth High School in Nova Scotia.
- There's an oblique reference to a Kerwood Hospital in Derby, Michigan. Go to http://www.sils.umich.edu/HCHS/Afroam/Youngtranscript.html and search on the page for the name "kerwood."
- D.J. Kerwood and P.H. Bolton published a paper called "Low Field NMR" in the Journal of Magnetic Resonance in 1986, and another called "A Sample Shuttling Device Suitable for Two-Dimensional Low Field NMR" in 1987 (same publication). This may be the same Dr. Deborah J. Kerwood listed in the Chemistry Department at Syracuse University (also seen in the usenet message at http://wwitch.unl.edu/ammrl/archives/January-99/0046.html).
- Alpha Omega Marketing, Inc. resides at 938 Kerwood Circle, Oviedo, FL 32765-6147. They are a new member of the Greater Seminole Chamber of Commerce. You can find it on a map at http://www.mapquest.com/cgi-bin/share?sbw60ea5a0itivtu.
- Jim Kerwood is a Sales Associate at Oregon First realty.
- Mary Jane Kerwood oversees Conflict Resolution and Peer Mediation for the West Virginia Department of Education.